3x3 World Tour
The FIBA 3x3 World Tour is the pinnacle event of an 'open' network of FIBA-endorsed 3x3 tournaments. Any group of four players - regardless of their nationality and representing a city - can qualify for the FIBA 3x3 World Tour by taking part in a lower level/regional tournament, eventually making their way to the world stage.
The FIBA 3x3 World Tour was first launched in 2012. The former winners are San Juan (PUR, 2012), Brezovica (SLO, 2013), Novi Sad (SRB, 2014) and Novi Sad Al Wahda (UAE, 2015).
It consists of seven Masters tournaments, before culminating with the FIBA 3x3 World Tour Final. The schedule of the 2016 edition is the following:
- 16-17 July - Mexico City, Mexico
- 30-31 July – Utsunomiya, Japan
- 6-7 August - Prague, Czech Republic
- 26-27 August - Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7-8 September - Debrecen, Hungary
- 16-17 September - Beijing, China
- 23-24 September - Americas Masters - Mexico City- Mexico
- 27-28 October - Abu Dhabi, UAE - World Tour Final
The FIBA 3x3 World Tour events are true urban culture festivals, organised in the heart of the cities against the most iconic landmarks and feature non-stop music and MCs calling the games, professional dunkers, breakdancers and other street artists. They are in line with FIBA's "3x3 for everyone philosophy" as spectators and passers-by are invited to participate in 3x3 games and activities.