On 1 September 2006 the amended Internal Regulations of FIBA came into force. They contain, under Regulation H.5, the Regulation Governing Players' Agents (see below).
These regulations govern the activities of Players' Agents ("Agent(s)"), who bring about or assist in the international transfer of players or coaches. The aim of these regulations is to make sure that a high standard of quality and transparency is guaranteed for the activities of players' agents and transfers in the FIBA family.
Read the interview FIBA Secretary General, Patrick Baumann, about the FIBA Licensed Players' Agents program here.
Please find below all necessary documents related to player's agents activities, tests and certifications, for downloads:
1. Certification process (general)
2. Application Form - Test exempted candidates.pdf
TEST Material – IR Book 3:
3. Eligibility of Players & International Transfers & Registration (Ch. I-II-III Art. 3-1 to 3-131)
4. Regulation Governing Players’ Agents (Ch. IV Art. 3-132 to 3-173)
5. Standard Contract – Player’s Agent & Player
6. Suggested Contract main points - Club & Player
7. Letter of Clearance (LoC) Template
8. LoC Fee
9. Request for a Letter of Clearance (LoC Request) Template
Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) :
10. Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT) – IR (Ch. VII Art. 3-289 to 3-302)
11. BAT Rules
12. BAT Composition
13. BAT Standard Clause
14. Request for Arbitration to BAT
15. BAT Presentation - How does the Procedure work
For more information about the Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT), visit our legal corner.
For more information please contact Francine Vollenweider at email@example.com.