Endorsement terms & process
Any tournament can be easily integrated into the worldwide Competition Network thanks to FIBA's simple and effective endorsement process, providing the organiser with everything required to host a truly great tournament.
Endorsement grants organisers access to the FIBA 3x3 Event Maker competition management software and ensures them worldwide exposure and secures the right to use the official 3x3 logo. Organisers also benefit from in-depth expertise and best practices thanks to the 3x3 Workbook for Organisers.
To receive endorsement, a tournament must meet the following requirements:
- Register all participating players in www.3x3planet.com allowing them to get a 3x3 player profile and be individually ranked
- Communicate all tournament results to FIBA by using the 3x3 Event Maker.
- Play according to the 3x3 Rules of the Game available at www.fiba.com/3x3
- Be acknowledged/endorsed by the National Federation of the country where the tournament is held
A 3x3 Tour is a series of at least three endorsed tournaments that take place in the same or adjacent cities, leading to a final.
3x3 Tour status is received if:
- All its tournaments are open to everyone (subject to gender and the pre-defined age categories)
- The number of teams participating in each tournament of the 3x3 Tour must be 50 or over (in all categories)
- The best team(s) in the top category must compete in the final.
- The winners of the final tournament are the Tour Champions in their respective category.
- The tour is recognised by the National Federation
- A 3x3 Tour is stamped by the FIBA 3x3 endorsed logo.
3x3 Quest is a 3x3 Tour, the final tournament of which qualifies one or several teams (the Quest Champion; a pre-defined number of runners-up) directly for the 3x3 World Tour Masters of its catchment area. FIBA has the sole and unique right to award the Quest title to a 3x3 Tour, as well as to allocate the number of qualifying spots of the 3x3 World Tour Masters.
3x3 Quest status is received if:
- It qualifies as a 3x3 Tour
- A 3x3 Quest is stamped by the FIBA Endorsed Event logo.
A 3x3 Challenger is an independent international tournament in which selected or invited teams coming from 3x3 Tours compete. In principle a 3x3 Challenger gathers teams from a defined region (regional event), with teams from cities of adjacent countries (exceptions are given to large markets). A Challenger is a one- or two-day event, played on a weekend in an iconic location, with 16 highly competitive teams participating.
3x3 Challenger status is received if:
- It fulfills all the requirements of an endorsed event
- The organisers must pay a prize money to the winners
- A 3x3 Challenger is stamped by the FIBA 3x3 Endorsed Event logo.
Find and download all 3x3 documents here